Vietnamese architect Hoang Thuc Hao has received a US$20,000 worth SIA-Getz Architecture Prize.
Accordingly, the biennial SIA-Getz Architecture Prize for Emergent Architecture aims to honour talented architects who have significantly contributed to the progress of architecture in Asia.
The awards ceremony is scheduled to take place in Singapore on November 11.
Hoang Thuc Hao also received the title “Architect of the year” during the 2015 Ashui Awards ceremony held in January.
Born in 1971, Hao is a lecturer the National University of Civil Engineering and a co-founder and lead architect of studio 1+1>2.
The architect is well-known within the Vietnamese architecture community for social construction projects, like community houses in the northern provinces of Hoa Binh and Lao Cai.
His studio and himself won the award at the World Architecture Festival for civil community-building in Cam Thanh Commune, Hoi An City.
Some photos of Hao’s outstanding works:
(VOV / Photos: 1+1>2)
- First edition of EuroCham Greenbook launched
- BEX and MCE Asia 2017 welcomes the region’s green building and construction community to a global showcase of latest innovations
- Build Eco Xpo (BEX) Ramps Up 10th Anniversary Edition to Catalyse Change in Asia’s Sustainable Buildings Landscape
- Development of Southern VN hit by lack of investment in infrastructure
- Vietnam Japan Architecture Forum 2017
- WACKER Opens Second Sales Office in Vietnam and Cooperates with COSIC to Establish a Showroom for Construction Chemicals
- The book launching: "TP. Hồ Chí Minh: MEGA City" (edition 2017)
- Cần Thơ wins Asian Townscape Award 2016
- Typical Hà Nội social houses come to life
- French photographer introduces photos of Hanoi, Hue at night