On 25th August 2018 in Hanoi, the Opening workshop of Vietnam Energy Efficiency Building Week 2018 (VEEBW2018) is held by Vietnam Energy Efficiency Network (EEN-Vietnam) and Goethe Institute Hanoi. The goal is to promote Sustainable Energy Use in Vietnam’s building environment through the phases Design – Building – Operation- End of life cycle.
Viet Nam, one of countries in which shall be affected hardly by global climate change, has its own National Green Growth Strategy that has orientated tasks to reduce intensity of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 8-10% (the period 2011-2020) as compared to the 2010 level, reduce energy consumptions per unit of GDP by 1-1.5% per year. Sustainable urbanization is one of solutions from the national strategy when energy consumption demand of construction area has increased significantly with growth rate of urban of 35,7% in 2015(1) and forecasted construction of 6,01% in 2020(2).
Meanwhile, the National Technical Regulation on Energy Efficiency Buildings QCVN 09:2017/BXD released in 2018 by Ministry of Construction as an updated version of QCVN 09:2013/BXD, has expectation of practice application to improve sustainable construction environment, especially energy efficient buildings. Also, Law on Energy Conservation released in 2010 and List of Significant energy Building Users updated and added every year by Vietnamese government show that Performance Energy Use must be planed, audited and implemented by the end-users. It leads demand on partnership development between stakeholders to spread out knowledge, solutions, technologies, innovation as well as best case studies that contribute sustainable urban improvement.
The core point is how buildings should be Designed – Built – Operated to optimize comfort for users while minimizing energy use and environmental impacts. This requires the involvement of all stakeholders from the beginning to the end of the project. Thereby, there needs partnership in terms of expertise in design, engineering, simulation, materials, consultation, etc to maximise energy efficiency of buildings in Vietnam’s climate and weather conditions.
Therefore, Vietnam Energy Efficiency Network (EEN-Vietnam) collaborates with Goethe Institute to organize Vietnam Energy Efficiency Building Week 2018 (VEEBW2018),with the participation of domestic and overseas organisations and companies in the fields of design, building, technical solutions as well as professional community & universities to showcase outstanding solutions, projects, innovation suitable for local climate and highly applicable for Vietnam market.
The programme is supported by media partners ASHUI.COM, Architecture Magazine, Vietnam Green Building Council (VGBC), Green Innovation and Development Centre (GreenID), Architecture Movies (AM), Houselink, Electric Power University (EPU), Faculty of Architecture and Planning National University of Civil Engineering (NUCE).
Time (Opening workshop): 13:30-17:30 Saturday 25/08/2018
Venue: Goethe Institute Conference room, 56-58-60 Nguyen Thai Hoc street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
The Week, from Saturday 25/08/2018 to Saturday 01/09/2018, is a series of events involving domestic and overseas investors, project developers, architects, engineers, technical bodies, consultants, universities and NGOs interested in Energy Efficiency Building. The objectives are:
- Publishing demonstration of energy efficient/sustainable buildings, innovative solutions/technology/method as best practice existing in Vietnam market.
- Raising awareness of principle and benefit of sustainable construction environment via friendly and attractive presentation & illustration.
- Sharing practice experiences by stakeholders contributing significantly for sustainable building sector.
Vietnam Energy Efficiency Building Week 2018 (VEEBW2018) includes the following events:
Opening Workshop: 13:30 –17:30 Saturday 25/08/2018
Networking development among Architectures, Engineers, Associations, Universities, Developers, NGOs, CSOs, Investors, etc to exchange expertise in market context, typical projects (German House), application of materials, techniques, energy efficiency solutions through practical examples (JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi),….
Speakers are programme partners with outstanding buildings, projects, technologies/solutions relating to Energy Efficiency Building.
Showcases of Energy Efficiency buildings, solutions, innovative technologies and services from typical architecture/civil engineering organisations, companies, suppliers.
Movie show: 15:00-17:00 Sunday 26/08/2018
“FIRST EARTH, Uncompromising Ecological Architecture“ by Director David Sheen, filmed in 4 different continents.
Kick-off Future Engineers 2018: 13:30 – 17:00 Tuesday 28/08/2018
Opening opportunities of practise career experiences and connecting with expertise mentors Announcement, Q&A about Future Engineers 2018 for students with Technical majors (Electricity, Refrigeration, M&E, etc); Updates on labour market, experience sharing from leading energy engineers; Meeting with Top 3 Future Engineers 2017; Internship/Startup opportunities for technical students.
Forum Building & Sustainability: 13:30 – 16:30 Thursday 30/08/2018
Stakeholders discuss multiple perspectives of sustainable building and methods to build a sustainable building environment. Participents include professional community, universities, press interested in technical, engineering, archictectural fields.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Tran Thi Thu Phuong
Vietnam Energy Efficiency Network (EEN Vietnam) was founded by Vietnam Sustainability Social Enterprise (VSSE) in 2017. This is a social platform for practical knowledge exchange between universities, engineers, energy users and energy consultancies as well as energy efficiency suppliers for Vietnamese market to deal with challenges on sustainability Energy and adapt energy efficiency use objectives.
(1) Report on the implementation of tasks in 2015 and orientations, tasks and plan of Ministry of Construction in 2016 published by Ministry of Construction, 2015
(2) Vietnam real estate report includes 5 year forecasts to 2018 published by Business Monitor International, 2014
- AUC 2019: "Urban Futures: Critical Transformations in Asian Cities"
- Ho Chi Minh City seeks $92mn loan from state funds for metro
- WWF launches its 2019 One Planet City Challenge
- Looking to Future, B+H partners with Global Urban and Infrastructure Consulting Firm, Surbana Jurong
- BEX and MCE Asia 2018 accelerate action towards common goal of combating climate action and more sustainable living across Asia
- BEX and MCE Asia 2018 to Empower a Digital-first Future for the Building and Construction Industry
- 2018 Ashui Awards launched to honour best Vietnamese architects and buildings
- Việt Nam, France agree to cooperate in building smart cities
- History through Hà Nội’s architecture
- Vietnam needs more green urban development