The 12th Intergovernmental Regional Environmentally Sustainable Transport (EST) Forum in Asia is scheduled to take place in Hanoi from October 28 to 31.
The event, themed “Achieving Smart and Resilient City through Low Carbon and Intelligent Transport System”, will be co-organised by the Vietnamese Government’s agencies, including the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, the Ministry of Construction, and the Hanoi People’s Committee; the Japanese Ministry of the Environment; the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific; and the UN Centre for Regional Development of Division for Sustainable Development Goals.
It will also be supported by many international organisations, institutes and universities.
A view of the Nga Tu So crossroads in Hanoi (Photo: VNA)
The forum is set to attract 300 delegates, including 170 foreign participants like government officials of EST member countries, representatives from international organisations, scholars and UN experts.
Issues to be discussed at the 12th EST Forum will include the role of women in developing rural transport; the future role of the EST and smart, resilient and sustainable city development; and the raising of vehicle emission standards and benefits of inspection and maintenance.
Tran Viet Ha, Deputy Director of the Transport Ministry’s International Cooperation Department, said the forum aims to provide policy, technological and institutional insights into how Asian EST member countries and cities can advance low carbon and intelligent transport system development in achieving the international agendas and agreements by bringing about transformational changes in urban development./.
- HCMC revises down investment for BRT project
- Vietnamese architect wins Turgut Cansever International Award
- World Architecture Community Awards honours Sky House
- 6th PropertyGuru Vietnam Property Awards kicks off latest edition, opens call for nominations in 2020
- AUC 2019: "Urban Futures: Critical Transformations in Asian Cities"
- Vietnam’s first-ever cycling week kicks off
- Ho Chi Minh City seeks $92mn loan from state funds for metro
- WWF launches its 2019 One Planet City Challenge
- Looking to Future, B+H partners with Global Urban and Infrastructure Consulting Firm, Surbana Jurong
- BEX and MCE Asia 2018 accelerate action towards common goal of combating climate action and more sustainable living across Asia