An exhibit by Dutch painter Wessel Huisman opened Friday at Hanoi’s Vietnam University of Fine Arts.
Titled “City Sculpture and the Human Measure”, the exhibition features 25 black and white paintings based on photos the artist took during earlier trips to Vietnam.
Photo : TT&VH
They depict Vietnam’s rapidly changing environment and the presence of man within this.
The exhibit was displayed in Ho Chi Minh City for the first two weeks of this month where it received high acclaim.
The event, co-organized by the Royal Netherlands Embassy and the Vietnam University of Fine Arts, is part of a project financed through the Dutch Culture and Development Program of the Royal Netherlands Embassy and Netherlands Consulate General in Vietnam to promote cultural exchange between the two countries.
In addition to the exhibition, Huisman offers classes and lectures at the Fine Arts Universities in both HCMC and Hanoi.
The exhibition will run until December 5 at 42 Yet Kieu Street, Hoan Kiem District.
Reported by Phuong Anh
- Vietnam expects lower FDI attraction this year
- Major southern bridges, highways to be completed this year
- Real estate 2008: hot at first, cold at close
- "Awakened Spaces" Competition
- Vietnam eyes construction projects for pump priming
- Hanoi flooding a construction lesson: official
- It’s necessary to restart real estate market: expert
- Sub-Mekong countries work on managing forests
- Thu Thiem contest winners present plans at ceremony
- UK Film Week to kick off in Hanoi and HCM City