The government will lend most of its proposed US$1 billion economic stimulus package to feasible construction projects, Tuoi Tre newspaper has reported, quoting Minister of Planning and Investment Vo Hong Phuc.
The loans may focus on low-income housing, student lodgings and electricity plants, Phuc said, according to the newspaper.
The investment would help boost production of building materials, create more jobs and increase domestic consumption, all of which are showing signs of a slowdown, he said.
- Vung Tau starts to build third five-star resort: Crown Land Long Hai
- Vietnam expects lower FDI attraction this year
- Major southern bridges, highways to be completed this year
- Real estate 2008: hot at first, cold at close
- "Awakened Spaces" Competition
- Exhibit by Dutch painter Wessel Huisman opens in Hanoi
- Hanoi flooding a construction lesson: official
- It’s necessary to restart real estate market: expert
- Sub-Mekong countries work on managing forests
- Thu Thiem contest winners present plans at ceremony