The construction of the Tan Vu-Lach Huyen Highway project began this morning in the Northern city of Hai Phong.
The 15.6 km long route runs across Hai An and Cat Hai districts of Hai Phong city, starting from the Tan Vu interchange on Hai Phong expressway and ending at Lach Huyen port.
The route includes a 5.44km cross-sea bridge which is designed to have four lanes with two safety ranges and for cars to run at a maximum speed of 80kmph.
PM Nguyen Tan Dung at the groundbreaking ceremony of the Tan Vu-Lach Huyen Highway project, Hai Phong, February 15, 2014 (Photo: VGP)
The Tan Vu-Lach Huyen Highway project links Hai Phong’s eastern urban area, Hai Phong international port, Dinh Vu-Cat Hai industrial park, and Ha Noi – Hai Phong Highway.
It aims to reduce travel costs and time, traffic accidents, and transport risks by ferry, stimulate industrial development along the coastal area of Hai Phong, and promote tourism on Cat Ba islands.
Speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony, PM Nguyen Tan Dung thanked the Japanese Government and the Japan International Cooperation Agency for closely coordinating with and provididing official development assistance for the Viet Nam.
He also tasked the Ministry of Transport to ensure the progress and quality of the project undertaken by Japan’s Sumitomo Mitsui contractor consortium, Truong Son Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, and Civil Engineering Construction Corporation No4 (CIENCO4).
- Ashui Awards 2014: "Architect of the Year" & "Building of the Year"
- Organization of the design competition for "the 1/500 planning and architectural design for buildings of the city administration centre area"
- Low-income buyers can mortgage new homes
- Vietnam seeks assistance for affordable housing plan
- Housing stimulus package criticised for slow disbursal
- Property disputes mar development
- Vietnamese urban planners applaud smart city model
- Social housing credit plan plagued by slow disbursement
- Lighting expo opens in HCM City
- Vietnamese should be allowed to gamble at casinos: Proposal